New Disciples in North Dakota

This week I returned to Fargo, North Dakota where I was born (but raised in the bordering city of Moorhead, Minnesota). For several days prior to arriving here, I had recurring thoughts of sharing the gospel at North Dakota State University, a college some of my family members attended. My late grandfather also taught entomology there.

Two days ago as I was preparing to leave a Caribou Coffee shop in West Fargo, I noticed a young man working on his laptop and felt impressed to minister to him. Tito wasn’t sure of his eternal destiny but prayed to receive Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior. Tito is originally from Manhattan and I noticed him wearing an MSUM (Minnesota State University Moorhead) shirt. But strangely enough, Tito is a student at NDSU. I took that as a confirmation that God wanted me to minister there that day.

After riding my bike to NDSU and briefly resting in the Student Union, I went out evangelizing and set a goal for 10 salvations. Nine more names were added to the Lamb's Book of Life. Among the most memorable salvations were two young men named Matt and Shane who were tossing a ball amongst each other. Both of them took off their baseball caps when they prayed to get born again.

During my time on campus, I also got into a lengthy conversation with an atheist who kept asking me questions. Aaron was a bit contentious and I correctly discerned that he wouldn’t pray with me to receive salvation. Nevertheless, many seeds were planted as various Scriptures kept coming up in my spirit. One issue Aaron repeatedly brought up was his idea that Jesus was poor. I took out my Bible and showed Aaron numerous Scriptures on prosperity (Psalm 35:27, Matthew 6:33, Luke 6:38, Philippians 4:19) and then asked him, “Would a poor man have a treasurer?” After about 15 minutes I felt it was time to end the conversation.

Later that afternoon I went to McDonald's to enjoy a cold drink and do more work on my laptop. There I noticed an employee who sat around for a long time. Adam had come to work early and was waiting for his shift to start. Eventually, I decided to witness to him. Adam originally thought that lying wasn’t “a bad enough sin” to keep him out of heaven. In response, I pointed out that Revelation 21:8 says, “…all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone.” Adam prayed to get born again.

That evening I attended a party hosted by a former co-worker who I hadn’t seen in over 20 years. Before going to this party, I stopped at a grocery store to buy drinking water and meat for the grill. When I returned outside to unlock my bicycle, I initiated a conversation with a woman whose bicycle was next to mine. After Dorian prayed with me to get saved, she told me her mother had recently become a devout Jehovah’s Witness. Fortunately, Dorian hadn't been exposed too much to the Watchtower's false doctrine and was therefore very receptive to the gospel. Before leaving the store, I gave Dorian an NKJV New Testament in case the two bibles she has at home are both New World Translation.

The next day (yesterday), I evangelized in South Fargo and saw eight more precious souls get born again. The harvest is ripe. God needs more laborers. Will you go?

Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?” Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.” - Isaiah 6:8

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Gospel Soul Winning Script

Toking the Ghost Revisited

Is That Gold Dust Real?