One Bad Apple

Previously I wrote in this blog about how I prefer not doing business with companies that support abortion and the homosexual agenda. It’s unfortunate that one them is Apple Computers. I just found out that two years ago, the California-based company donated $100,000 to oppose Proposition 8 that defended traditional marriage.

Apple claims to be an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of religion. Yet they seem to have a double standard by discriminating against the Manhattan Declaration, a Christian organization that promotes family values. Today I learned that the Manhattan Declaration iPhone/iPad application was removed from the iTunes Store some time over the Thanksgiving holiday. This was the result of a small but very vocal protest by those favoring gay marriage and abortion. The Manhattan Declaration app was originally accepted by Apple and rated as a 4+, meaning it contained no objectionable material. Yet the iTunes Store continues to allow apps by Planned Parenthood and numerous gay sex dating sites.

The Manhattan Declaration states the following on their web site…

“We emphasize with great sincerity that ‘disagreement’ is not ‘gay-bashing.’ Anyone who takes the time to read the Manhattan Declaration can see that the language used to defend traditional marriage, the sanctity of human life, and religious liberty is civil, non-inflammatory, and respectful. The Manhattan Declaration clearly calls its signers to reject ‘disdainful condemnation’ of those who disagree and declares that all people are worthy of respect, because all are loved by God.”

Until someone gave me my first MacBook Pro four years ago, I was mainly a PC user because that was my only option when using the Internet at the library. Since then I’ve grown to appreciate Apple products so I'm not yet ready to ditch my MacBook Pro and iPod. However, I’ve already distanced myself from the company by removing photos of me with my laptop computer from my web pages. If Apple continues this hypocrisy by promoting ungodly causes but not allow selected Christians to communicate the truth of God’s word through their apps, then I won’t be making many trips to the Apple Store in the future. I’m sure other ministries and churches that use Apple products would do likewise.

In the meantime, I pray that God anoints people to come up with powerful inventions so Christians won’t have to make buying choices based on moral grounds.

“I wisdom dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inventions.” - Proverbs 8:12 (KJV)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teacher of the Ear

Toking the Ghost Revisited

An Appeal for Unity (An Open Letter to Old Paths Baptist Church in Northfield, MN)