A “Ministry” of Criticism

This past Tuesday, a young man from the Netherlands sent me an email requesting permission to post a video I made with John Crowder on his own YouTube page (for personal reasons I had removed the video from public view). When I examined this Dutchman’s account, I noticed it only contained videos critical of other ministers. This man believes his purpose in life is to warn people of “false prophets.” 

During an ensuing exchange of emails, this man suggested I look up two passages of Scripture. One of which was 2 Timothy 4:1-5. I noticed verse 2 says, “Preach the word!” Verse 5 exhorts us to “do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.” Constantly criticizing other preachers is not a ministry nor does it advance the kingdom of God. It only brings division amongst the body of Christ. Certainly I agree rebuke is necessary when a fellow believer is living in blatant sin or preaching false doctrine (in my July newsletter I wrote against those proclaiming "universal reconciliation"). But with the Dutchman, he was mainly criticizing manifestations of the Holy Spirit through ministers that I know proclaim the name of Christ. 

1 Corinthians 13:7 says we are to believe the best of every person. So rather than being a faultfinder, I suggested this Dutchman produce his own videos and preach the doctrine he wants heard by others. Then again, people would probably find fault with his videos as well.
 
“Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.”- Galatians 6:7

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Gospel Soul Winning Script

Toking the Ghost Revisited

Is That Gold Dust Real?