Love the Jews


Recently two friends of mine gave me evangelistic literature written specifically for Jews. At the time I’m writing this article, I’m staying with one of those friends near a city that happens to have a large Jewish community. It appears the Lord may be preparing me to reach out to them in a greater measure. 

However, there is a doctrine going around that discourages Christians from witnessing to God’s Chosen People. "Dual covenant" is a belief that Jews don’t have to convert to Christianity but simply keep the Law of Moses because of the “everlasting covenant” between God and Abraham (Genesis 17:13).

Some believers are reluctant to share the gospel with Jews because of past atrocities done to them in Christ’s name. Jews still need to hear the Good News in order for them to be saved. Paul (a Jew himself) wrote in Romans 1:16 (NLT), “For I am not ashamed of this Good News about Christ. It is the power of God at work, saving everyone who believes–the Jew first and also the Gentile.”

Once I lived with a family that had a Christian mother and a Jewish father. The mother originally didn’t want me witnessing to her husband because other Christians had tried forcing the gospel upon him. But three days before I moved out, the Lord instructed me to witness to this man. After mentioning this to his wife (who gave her approval), I asked this man questions about his eternal destiny. He wouldn’t pray with me but listened politely as I mentioned a few Old Testament prophecies pointing to Jesus as the Messiah.

Just before he passed away last year, Jews for Jesus founder Moishe Rosen wrote the following in a farewell letter...

“As I go, one of the things that concerns me deeply is how much misunderstanding there is among believers. I never thought I would live to see the day when those who know the Lord and are born again were supporting the efforts of rabbis who, frankly, not only don’t know Christ, but don’t want to know him.

“To be an honest ministry, it can only come from the Holy Spirit; and the Holy Spirit can only indwell those who have the new birth and are born again. Therefore, I would urge you to think very seriously before you support any ‘ministry’ that involves Jewish people and doesn’t actually bring the gospel to the Jews.”

I have friends who go out of their way to be a blessing to Jewish businessmen in response to Genesis 12:3. But to really love the Jews, Christians must also speak the truth regarding the only way to heaven…through Yeshua Hamashiach (Jesus Christ). 

“For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge.  For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted to the righteousness of God.” Romans 10:2-3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Toking the Ghost Revisited

Ready for Rebuke

Why I'm Republican and Voting for Trump