Boasting in the Lord


When you step out to do the Lord’s work, be prepared for some Christians who will challenge your motives. This past week, a Facebook friend I never met personally wrote accusations against me on my wall based on erroneous information. In response, I emailed a message to him offering to discuss his concerns privately. Instead he posted another public comment “warning” other people about me. Sadly, another Facebook friend I had been ministering to chose to believe this man’s lies. Before I could email her an explanation, she blocked me after sending a message complaining about my “boast posting” (regarding my evangelism reports). This is a prime example of how Satan can use believers to sow discord among the brethren”, which the Lord hates! (Proverbs 6:19)

The dictionary defines boast as “talk with excessive pride and self-satisfaction about one’s achievements.” It’s not wrong for a minister to testify what the Lord has done through him as long as He gets the glory. As Psalm 34:2 says, “My soul shall make its boast in the LORD.” 

Usually when writing a praise report from the streets, I end it with a Scripture or glorify God for the new converts. Many of my friends have been blessed by my praise reports. In some cases, they were convicted to go out and share the gospel more themselves.

Still there are Christians who get offended when they hear about the number of decisions made during an evangelism outreach. But as fellow evangelist Nick Kinn often points out, God is interested in numbers. The Book of Acts mentions occasions when 3,000 and 5,000 people got saved at one time. There’s even a book in the Bible called Numbers.

The Apostle Paul wrote in 2 Corinthians 11:10, “As the truth of Christ is in me, no one shall stop me from this boasting in the regions of Achaia.” So the next time the Lord uses you to lead someone to salvation, don’t let religious people try to shut your mouth. Testify…and give all the glory to God!


“In God we boast all day long, and praise Your name forever. Selah” 
- Psalm 44:8

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teacher of the Ear

Toking the Ghost Revisited

An Appeal for Unity (An Open Letter to Old Paths Baptist Church in Northfield, MN)