My Message to a Moonie


Sun Myung Moon, the founder of the Unification Church, died earlier this month at the age of 92. A short time later, I received an email from a man who’s on my newsletter mailing list. I met Richard three years ago inside a government building in Washington, DC. We joined other God-fearing individuals in taking a stand against same-sex marriage being legalized in the nation’s capital. Richard has an organization educating youth to become leaders who understand the importance of reserving sex for marriage. I didn’t know until this month that Richard is also a disciple of Rev. Moon. His email listed the details of last weekend’s “victorious ascension ceremony for Father Moon” followed by Richard’s personal testimony. I emailed this message in response…

Dear Richard,

I received the testimony you emailed me a few days ago and was pleased to read about you giving up drugs, avoiding fornication, and most importantly how you met the Lord Jesus Christ. Since you probably needed time to grieve over the death of Sun Myung Moon (plus I wanted to learn more about the Unification Church), I’ve waited until now to send you this note. As a minister of the gospel, I need to point out things in your testimony that were very troubling.

You refer to “Father and Mother Moon” as your “True Parents.” A true spiritual father or mother would not willingly teach ideas opposing God’s word. Just in your email alone, you shared ideas that were inconsistent with Scripture...

“I returned the next day (Tuesday) to hear about the Fall on Man [sic]. I thought that the story of how Eve has tempted by the archangel and committed a sexual sin was interesting and it made sense.” 

Genesis 3 makes no reference to sexual sin at all! The Fall of Man simply resulted from Adam and Eve disobeying God’s commandment not to eat from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil.

“I asked Jesus if Father Moon had really come to carry on Jesus' mission. I received an emphatic yes, and I am sure if you ask Jesus the same thing, you will receive the same answer.” 

Jesus’ mission for all His disciples (not just full-time ministers) is clearly listed in Mark 16:15-18. Just out of curiosity, how many people were saved, healed, and delivered from demons through Rev. Moon’s ministry?

You referred to “…the Messiah, the Second Coming of Christ (not Jesus himself) would come in the east.” Jesus warned in Matthew 24 that in the last days false prophets and false Christs would rise up and deceive many.  There is no way Sun Myung Moon could be a Second Messiah. Otherwise, wouldn’t he still be alive?

“It is not necessarily an easy thing to meet with and to align with the New Truth.”

1 John 5:3 says, “His commandments are not burdensome.” All revelations from the Lord Jesus Christ would agree with Scripture, not contradict it.

I hope Sun Myung Moon made it into heaven for God doesn’t desire anyone to perish (2 Peter 3:9). But unless he repented before his death, Sun Myung Moon will have to answer to God for all the souls he deceived into worshipping him instead of Jesus. In the meantime, I pray that you recognize the Unification Church as a cult and ask God to forgive you for your involvement in it.

In Christ,
Todd R. Post

“If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” - 1 John 1:9

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Gospel Soul Winning Script

Toking the Ghost Revisited

Is That Gold Dust Real?