I've Fallen and I Can't Get Up


Critical Christians who don’t regularly experience supernatural encounters with the Lord will sometimes nitpick the craziest things. This past week I watched a YouTube video in which a minister I know was labeled an “apostate” because of certain manifestations occurring at his meetings. One of which is people falling backward when touched by the Holy Spirit. The producer of this video claimed, “Only the enemies of God fall backwards.” Other like-minded critics point to Scriptures where men of God “fell on their faces” during worship.

Having grown up in a mainline denominational church, I was somewhat cynical when first seeing people “slain in the Spirit.” Since then I’ve fallen backward many times when receiving ministry in a prayer line. After one such incident while lying on the floor doing “carpet time”, I was healed of a nasal defect I had since childhood. Does that sound demonic to you? It shouldn’t since Jesus is the healer. 

Some criticize the manifestation of being slain in the Spirit because of men being used as catchers. Another minister I know once explained the reason he has catchers is to reduce the possibility of people getting hurt and then filing lawsuits against the church. This same minister and others have testified of being supernaturally stuck to the floor. It reminds me of that old catchphrase, “I’ve fallen and I can’t get up!”

So if you sincerely desire a touch from heaven, don’t be fearful if you find yourself on the floor. God may want to perform “spiritual surgery” to heal your soul from past hurts. If you happen to fall backward, that won’t make you God’s enemy. That simply means you couldn’t continue standing up.

“When Jesus said to them, I am He, they went backwards (drew back, lurched backward) and fell to the ground.”  - John 18:6 (Amplified Bible)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Gospel Soul Winning Script

Is That Gold Dust Real?

Toking the Ghost Revisited