A Lesbian Returns to the Lord


Of all the times I’ve gone out evangelizing, I’ve met very few people who admitted they were homosexual.  With more of them nowadays “coming out of the closet”, I’ve considered witnessing at gay pride events but haven’t done so yet.  One reason is I rather spend time talking with people who are receptive to the gospel.  I’ve had homosexuals contact me through the Internet that wouldn’t receive the truth of God’s word.  They simply wanted to defend their chosen lifestyles.

Still we should always be ready to minister to whomever the Lord puts across our path.  Last weekend I joined a Hispanic church in reaching out to the homeless at a park in Tampa, Florida.  While other people from this church gave away food and toiletries, I handed out tracts plus the gospel of John to those who didn’t have a Bible.  During this outreach I had a lengthy discussion with a backslidden lesbian.  “Latoya” (not her real name) had gotten saved when she was twelve years old.  Five years later Latoya’s then-boyfriend forced her to have sex with him.  That incident caused her to have negative feelings toward men. 

Fortunately Latoya was open to hearing what I had to say.  I briefly talked about how I had lived a promiscuous lifestyle before giving my life to the Lord nearly 23 years ago.  Then with a gentle tone in my voice, I read to Latoya 1 Corinthians 6:9-11...

“Do not be deceived.  Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.  And such were some of you.  But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.”

I pointed out that people addicted to any kind of fornication (whether heterosexual or homosexual) could be set free by the power of God.  After it appeared I gained Latoya’s trust, she agreed to let me pray for her.  First I spoke a blessing over Latoya and bound up the demonic spirits influencing her.  Then I asked Latoya if she was willing to recommit her life to the Lord.  She prayed with me to ask Jesus Christ back into her heart. 

A short time later, a friend of Latoya’s interrupted our conversation.  At that point, I felt a release to move on and minister to someone else.  Just like most of the other people I’ve led to the Lord, I likely won’t see Latoya again until we get to heaven.  Either way, I look forward to hearing how the Lord continued transforming her life.

“Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.” - Philippians 1:6

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Gospel Soul Winning Script

Is That Gold Dust Real?

Toking the Ghost Revisited