Our Responsibility to the Gospel

While not every Christian is called to full-time ministry, we are all called to witness to others. Jesus told His disciples “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.” (Mark 16:15) One friend recently asked me if we have an individual responsibility of witnessing to certain people. There are commandments about warning people who are in sin...

“You shall surely rebuke your neighbor, and not bear sin because of him.” - Leviticus 19:17b

“When I say to the wicked, ‘You shall surely die,’ and you give him no warning, nor speak to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life, that same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood I will require at your hand.” - Ezekiel 3:18

"Let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins." - James 5:20

Mike Murdock says, “You are not called to everybody but to somebody.” God will lead us to witness to selected people. There are individuals you can reach that I can’t and vice versa. Of course, whether or not a person receives the gospel is their decision.

As we grow in our relationship with the Lord, He gives us greater responsibilities and expects us to produce more fruit for the kingdom. Jesus said in Luke 12:48, “For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more.”

Who is the Lord leading you to minister to today?

“For if I preach the gospel, I have nothing to boast of, for necessity is laid upon me; yes, woe is me if I do not preach the gospel!” - 1 Corinthians 9:16

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Gospel Soul Winning Script

Is That Gold Dust Real?

Toking the Ghost Revisited