Boasting in the Lord

When you step out to fulfill the Great Commission, be prepared for some Christians who will challenge your motives. A former Facebook friend I never met personally once wrote accusations against me on my wall based on erroneous information. I emailed a message to him offering to discuss his concerns privately. Instead, he posted another public comment “warning” other people about me. Sadly, another Facebook friend I had been ministering to chose to believe this man’s lies. Before I could email her an explanation, she blocked me after sending a message complaining about my “boast posting” (referring to my evangelism reports). This is how Satan can use believers to “sow discord among the brethren”, which the Lord hates! (Proverbs 6:19)

The dictionary defines boast as “talk with excessive pride and self-satisfaction about one’s achievements.” It’s not wrong for a believer to testify what the Lord has done through him as long as He gets the glory. Psalm 34:2 says, “My soul shall make its boast in the LORD.”  

When writing an evangelism testimony, I usually end it with a Scripture or glorify God for the new converts. Many of my friends have been blessed by my praise reports. In some cases, they were inspired to go out and share the gospel themselves. This fulfills my mission statement: “Preach the gospel and teach others to do the same.”

Still, there are Christians who get offended by that especially when they hear about the number of decisions made during an evangelism outreach. But God is interested in numbers. The Book of Acts mentions occasions when 3,000 and 5,000 people got saved at one time. There’s even a book in the Bible called Numbers.

The Apostle Paul wrote in 2 Corinthians 11:10, “As the truth of Christ is in me, no one shall stop me from this boasting in the regions of Achaia.” So the next time the Lord uses you to lead someone to salvation or bring healing to their body, don’t let religious people try to shut your mouth. Testify…and give all the glory to God!

“In God we boast all day long, and praise Your name forever. Selah” - Psalm 44:8

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Gospel Soul Winning Script

Toking the Ghost Revisited

Is That Gold Dust Real?