The End of the World...Two Years Later

Remember the hoopla about the end of the world that was supposed to occur on December 21, 2012 (according to some people’s interpretation of the Mayan calendar)? Of course that didn’t happen. Those of you reading this are still alive and breathing.

Three years before that, the motion picture “2012” was released. It was well produced but biblically inaccurate since the movie showed the whole earth flooded by a great tsunami. God promised in Genesis 9:11, “...never again shall there be a flood to destroy the earth.” In addition, the world will suffer through a seven-year tribulation period before the return of Jesus Christ. Some believers think we are in the tribulation right now. That won’t begin until the antichrist signs a seven-year peace treaty with Israel (Daniel 9:27).

One noteworthy event happened for me on “doomsday.” I had returned to my hometown of Fargo, North Dakota for the holidays and stopped to see my mother who was recovering from a stroke. For over 20 years I had prayed for her to come to know the Lord. After talking with Mom for a while, she agreed to let me lay hands on her and pray for her health to improve. Then I got to lead my mother in a prayer to receive salvation. Acts 16:31 says, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.”

Later that afternoon I went evangelizing in downtown Fargo. I walked the streets offering gospel tracts to people while wishing them a Merry Christmas. Most of them accepted a tract from me. Three men took time to pray to receive the best Christmas gift of all...eternal life through Jesus Christ!

The Lord has tarried His return because He wants more people coming into the kingdom of God. So until we die or go up in the rapture, let’s continue to be about our Father’s business.

“But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only.” - Matthew 24:36 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Gospel Soul Winning Script

Toking the Ghost Revisited

Is That Gold Dust Real?