Green Police

Last night I watched the second half of Super Bowl XLIV on TV. Originally I wasn’t interested in viewing it at all because the Minnesota Vikings (my favorite team) just missed advancing to the big game. But I changed my mind partially because I wanted to watch the Tim Tebow commercials that promoted a pro-life message. I didn’t see the commercials live because they aired during the pregame show and the first quarter. However, another memorable commercial came on near the end of the game. It was an Audi ad featured the “Green Police” (with background music by Cheap Trick which parodies their old song “Dream Police”).



This ad could be a sign of things to come. Laws are constantly being passed to appease environmentalists. Two months ago in Washington, DC, a new law went into effect requiring businesses to charge customers an extra 5 cents for giving out plastic bags. I found out about this just before I stopped into a Subway restaurant in the nation’s capital one day for lunch. I refused to buy a plastic bag for my sandwich and ate it inside.

As stated before in this blog, I agree that man should be a good steward of this planet and its resources. But I’m getting tired of the increasing amount of advertisements urging us to “go green.” Rather than focus on saving the planet, we should be more concerned with saving humans (both the unsaved and the unborn).

“O Israel, stay away from idols! I am the one who answers your prayers and cares for you. I am like a tree that is always green; all your fruit comes from Me.” – Hosea 14:8

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Gospel Soul Winning Script

Toking the Ghost Revisited

Is That Gold Dust Real?