God’s Gold

Yesterday a Facebook friend griped about the Catholic Church “…surrounded by gold and all the riches of the earth and I believe Jesus must be sad with them. I’d rather be poor and get by as I am…Those dreams of a Ferrari and touring the world will never come around for me.” He’s right. My friend’s dreams won’t happen unless he renews his mind to what God’s word says. As Jesus said in Matthew 9:29, “According to your faith let it be to you.”

Certainly, I’m against Catholic doctrine that contradicts Scripture but them having gold is not a sin in itself. When Solomon’s Temple was built, precious metals were used. 2 Chronicles 3:4 says, “He overlaid the inside with pure gold.” Many of the things in the tabernacle in Exodus 25 were also covered in gold. Would I use gold if I built and pastored a church? Probably not but I still want a nice place for my congregation to meet and to see them blessed. 

What about heaven with its streets of gold and surrounded by a wall made of precious stones? Did God also create those things on earth for the devil and his crowd? I don’t think so…

“And the gold of that land [the Garden of Eden] is good. Bdellium and the onyx stone are there.” - Genesis 2:12 

“Abram was very rich in livestock, in silver, and in gold.” - Genesis 13:2

“The Lord has blessed my master [Isaac] greatly, and he has become great; and He has given him flocks and herds, silver and gold…” - Genesis 24:35

“But every woman shall ask of her neighbor, namely, of her who dwells near her house, articles of silver, articles of gold, and clothing; and you shall put them on your sons and on your daughters. So you shall plunder the Egyptians.” - Exodus 3:22

“For You meet him with the blessings of goodness; You set a crown of pure gold upon his head.” - Psalm 21:3

“‘The silver is Mine, and the gold is Mine,’ says the Lord of hosts.” - Haggai 2:8

Religious people may argue I’m mostly quoting Old Testament verses. Did possessing gold suddenly become sinful after Jesus appeared on the scene? No. Hebrews 8:6 says that “…He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises.” In recent years, I’ve seen Christians supernaturally receive gold teeth and fillings plus gold dust manifestations. The latter has happened to me a few times.

Many Christians need to get rid of a poverty mindset. God is not against us having gold, silver, and other valuable things as long as those things don’t have us.

“I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see.” - Revelation 3:18

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Gospel Soul Winning Script

Toking the Ghost Revisited

Is That Gold Dust Real?