An Open Letter to the Caravan (and Those Helping Them)

An arena in Guadalajara
To whom it may concern:

I pray this letter somehow reaches the thousands mostly from Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador who are traveling through Mexico towards the American border.

First, I don’t blame anyone for wanting to come to the United States. As a natural-born American citizen, I’m thankful for the prosperity we have here. I also recognize my nation was largely founded by immigrants seeking a better life for themselves and their families. All my ancestors came over from Europe many years ago.

There’s a missionary house in Florida I often stay where I’ve met many immigrants originally from Spanish-speaking countries. As far as I know, all of them came to the United States legally. Videos I’ve seen of some caravan members forcing their way into Mexico indicate they have little respect for authority. I don’t want people like that entering my country. We have enough crime here as it is.

You should be warned here in America our citizens have the right to bear arms. If I lived near the Mexican border and illegal aliens were crossing or camping on my property, I’d have every right to defend my home. At the very least, I’d fire warning shots reminding them they are trespassing. Other Americans with guns may not be as sympathetic and will respond with force if attacked with rocks and other weapons.

Recently I watched a documentary revealing 90-95% of the migrants are men. Only a small percentage of them are women and children. Support for the caravan has come from various organizations including one called “Pueblo Sin Fronteras” (People Without Borders) that flouts American sovereignty. I also read how the Mexican government offered shelter, medical attention, schooling and jobs to the migrants if they agree to stay in southern Mexico but most of them turned that down. Therefore, I question the motives of you continuing on with the caravan.

To those of you giving aid to the caravan, I agree with doing that to a point. You may be familiar with the Parable of the Good Samaritan. If Jesus was with the migrants, I believe He would minister to their needs but also remind them to obey the laws of the land (Romans 13:1-2). If you’re encouraging migrants to illegally enter my country, you are in sin!

In closing, I encourage you to give your life to Jesus Christ if you haven’t already done so. What good would it be to have a better life in a foreign country but not be allowed to walk through the Pearly Gates after you die? I would also ask the Lord where He wants you to live. Just because the United States has more opportunities doesn’t mean you’re supposed to come here. There is a reason God had you born in your country of origin. It could be His will for you to go back and help your nation become a better one.

Where God guides, He provides!

“The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, and He delights in his way.” - Psalm 37:23

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Gospel Soul Winning Script

Toking the Ghost Revisited

Is That Gold Dust Real?