An Open Letter to Tim Walz

Dear Governor Walz,

I’m a traveling missionary who’s lived in Minnesota for most of my life. Like yourself, I’m 56 years old with a Lutheran background and have served in the Army National Guard. Three months ago, I returned to Minnesota shortly before the coronavirus lockdown began. Since then, I’ve tolerated not being able to sit in coffee shops where I often work on my laptop and minister to people. More unfortunate, churches have been told not to have public gatherings. This violates the First Amendment guaranteeing our right to peaceably assemble.

While I don’t want to see anyone die from the coronavirus, preventing healthy people from living normal lives is not the answer. Past pandemics have been contained by quarantining the sick. This year’s lockdowns have caused many to suffer financially such as my friend Lynda who hasn’t been able to work at her hair salon for over two months. How would you like it if your paycheck was withheld for that long? 

This past Thursday, I was at the Reopen Minnesota rally in front of the Governor’s Residence in St. Paul. There I mostly walked along Summit Avenue passing out gospel tracts. Another man there asked to interview me for his YouTube channel. One of the questions he asked was what I’d say if given the opportunity to talk with you. Although you endorse other policies I’m strongly against, I would focus on something far more important from an eternal perspective. 

Every one of us will someday stand before God to give an account of our lives. Do you know for sure you’re going to heaven when your life ends? The Lutheran church I attended never taught me the necessity of being born again (John 3:3,7). Doing good works won’t prevent anyone from going to hell (Ephesians 2:8-9). It’s knowing Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior (Romans 10:9-10). I pray you will decide to do that. If you’re already saved, then please study your Bible more. It will help you make better decisions as governor.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Sincerely, 
Todd R. Post

“Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves.” - Abraham Lincoln

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Gospel Soul Winning Script

Is That Gold Dust Real?

Toking the Ghost Revisited