An Open Letter to Tim Cook

Dear Tim,

I’m a missionary who has used Apple products for almost two decades. Since 2006, I’ve owned a MacBook Pro. Last month, I purchased an iPhone 13 Mini after using Androids for years. I’ve been pleased despite the higher price tag.


I’ve looked forward to watching your Apple event videos to stay up-to-date on your latest products and software updates. The productions have some cool effects. Unfortunately, the “Wonderlust” presentation streamed last Tuesday was full of environmental propaganda. A woman representing Mother Nature appeared at Apple Park to check on your goal of making all products carbon-neutral by 2030. I’m all for being a good steward of our planet’s resources. However, I refuse to believe a global warming gospel.


You also talked about Apple Watch functions that assisted people during emergencies. You stated, “Nothing’s more important than helping save lives.” I agree, except a long life on earth doesn’t matter from an eternal perspective if one is not in right standing with the Lord. 1 John 2:17 says, “And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever.” 


On a related note, I want to address a personal matter out of concern for your soul. In 2014, you wrote in a Bloomberg Business editorial: “I consider being gay among the greatest gifts God has given me.” Homosexuality cannot be a gift. The Bible calls it an abomination. Sodom and Gomorrah got destroyed because of their inhabitants’ lifestyles. 


Since you got baptized in a Baptist church, I assume you have some knowledge of the Bible. Most Baptist churches preach the plan of salvation. Perhaps you heard that numerous times while growing up. Therefore, I pray you repent and receive God’s greatest gift: His son Jesus Christ.


“For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.” - Romans 10:13

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Gospel Soul Winning Script

Toking the Ghost Revisited

Is That Gold Dust Real?