An Islamic Antichrist
This past week, I rewatched (via YouTube) a series of old movies produced by Mark IV Pictures that helped me understand end-time prophecy as a young believer. They are in order: “A Thief in the Night”, “A Distant Thunder”, “Image of the Beast”, and “The Prodigal Planet.” Many Bible prophecy scholars then taught the Antichrist would emerge from Europe. Some suggested he could be a Jew from the tribe of Dan.
Then in 2004 while staying with a pastor in Cleveland, Tennessee, I learned of a locally-based evangelist named Perry Stone who taught the Antichrist would be a Muslim. Back then, I wasn’t familiar with Brother Perry. Since then, I’ve regularly watched his videos (including his “Manna Fest” program), plus attended a few of his meetings.
I now agree with Perry Stone’s belief regarding a Muslim Antichrist. That makes more sense to me for a couple of reasons. First, the rise of ISIS and their beheading of Christians who refuse to renounce their faith in Jesus. Secondly, I noticed most flags from Arab nations contain the colors white, red, black, and green. If you substitute green for “pale”, they match the colors of the four horses of the apocalypse mentioned in Revelation 6.
Islam has their own version of a false messiah called the Al-Masih ad-Dajjal. The Dajjal will supposedly imitate the miracles performed by Jesus, such as healing the sick and raising the dead. That will be followed by a savior called the Mahdi.
Notice these characteristics of the Mahdi:
- He will come on a white horse.
- He will rule for seven years and initially promise peace.
- He will eventually execute those who won’t submit to him.
Sound familiar?
Jesus warned in John 16:2, “They will put you out of the synagogues; yes, the time is coming that whoever kills you will think that he offers God service.” Which religion encourages the killing of innocent people in the name of their god while hollering “Allahu Akbar”?
Islam also teaches that Allah has no sons. This is an essential tenet of the Christian faith. Denying the Son of God is connected to the spirit of Antichrist (1 John 2:22).
I don’t believe the Antichrist will be revealed until the church is raptured. That will be followed by a seven-year peace treaty signed between the man of sin and Israel (Daniel 9:27). Until then, let’s do our part in getting the gospel to more people including Muslims so they have the opportunity to go to heaven with us.
“The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.” - 2 Peter 3:9

Comments