Your Spirit Speaks

Earlier this month I felt led of the Lord to produce a video of my “Bad Evangelism” teaching posted last year in this blog. It resulted in an exchange of emails with a Facebook friend who tried promoting universalism on my wall. I attempted to correct my friend of this false doctrine. Despite my efforts to speak the truth in love, she overacted by making false accusations and calling me a Pharisee. 

Nevertheless, the exchange of emails brought up a situation I hadn’t considered before. This woman revealed she has an autistic daughter who cannot speak. Because of that, she asked if I thought her daughter would go to hell based on Romans 10:9 since she could not confess with her mouth that Jesus is Lord.

I replied by pointing out there are testimonies of people becoming born again while in a coma. In his mini-book “I Went to Hell”, Kenneth E. Hagin wrote about receiving salvation during a near-death experience:

As I was going up through the darkness, I began to pray. My spirit, the man who lives inside this physical body, is an eternal being; a spirit man. I began to pray, “O God! I come to You in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ. I ask You to forgive me of my sins and to cleanse me from all sin.”

The first chapter of the Bible says God is a spirit who created the heavens and earth through speaking. He didn’t become a man until “...the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory” (John 1:14). 

Our spirit is created in the image and likeness of God and has a voice. Therefore, anyone can receive God’s promises of salvation and healing if they confess and believe. That includes the mute.

“It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.” - John 6:63 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Gospel Soul Winning Script

Toking the Ghost Revisited

Is That Gold Dust Real?