Rewards for Winning Souls

If you’re a parent and your children do something worthwhile, wouldn’t you want to reward them? Our heavenly Father is the same way. While doing the work of an evangelist, I’ve seen unexpected blessings manifest.

Back in 1994 when I first committed to being part of my church’s evangelism ministry, the pastor gave me clothes he no longer needed. A woman who was a leader in that ministry often offered to buy me dinner. The day after Christmas, one of the other evangelism leaders offered to give me his Chrysler Laser. This was the exact type of car I had been praying for!

Years later, I was at a library in Tampa, Florida and perceived it was time for me to leave. I started walking home but suddenly felt led to stop and turn around. Eventually, I ministered salvation to a young woman at a bus stop. Then I approached a man standing at the bus stop directly across the street. Aaron was already saved and wanted to give me an offering. He then handed me a $20 bill. At the time I was almost out of money.

Another time back in Minnesota, I stopped at McDonald's to use the bathroom. Afterward, I started witnessing to two skateboarders sitting in a booth. They immediately invited me to sit down and talk with them. After the two prayed to receive salvation, the McDonald's manager handed me a $50 gift card someone bought for me anonymously.

Then one Sunday, my roommate and I went to U.S. Bank Stadium to pass out gospel tracts prior to a Minnesota Vikings game. I approached one homeless man holding a sign asking for help. After offering him a bag of chips, this man (who was already saved) offered me a ticket someone had given him. I hadn’t planned on going to the game but got to see the Vikings win that day.

Of course, the greatest reward of being a soul winner is seeing people receive eternal life and avoid spending eternity in hell. A crown of rejoicing awaits those obedient to the Great Commission. Will you have one?

For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Is it not even you in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at His coming?1 Thessalonians 2:19

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Gospel Soul Winning Script

Toking the Ghost Revisited

Is That Gold Dust Real?