God’s Got Your Back

I believe one reason some people shy away from Christianity is seeing passive believers. The Lord doesn’t want us being idle wimps until He returns. When Jesus gave the Great Commission, He said, “Go ye,” not “Sit ye.”

Many Christians need a greater revelation of their authority in Christ. As a young believer, I heard my then-pastor share a powerful truth regarding what Jesus said in Matthew 16:18, “And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.” Religious people misinterpret this verse to mean the church is to huddle together while withstanding demonic attacks. However, gates don’t attack anybody. They just stand there. 


It’s the church that is to be on the attack. As Jesus said in Luke 19:13 (KJV), “Occupy till I come.” To take spiritual ground, we must put on equipment described in Ephesians 6…


13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 

15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 

16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. 

17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God


Note that there is no armor for the back. There is no need for Christians to retreat. Jesus already defeated the devil. We reinforce his defeat like an occupying army.


Sometimes I face persecution when doing street evangelism. Individuals have threatened me if I don’t leave the area. If I’m on public property, then I have a right to be there just like them. Unless the Lord directs me to walk away and minister someplace else, I stand still and hold my ground.


God’s methods of victory are often unconventional. Joshua led the children of Israel to march around Jericho seven times. David using a small stone to take down Goliath. God has a plan to take out the giants facing you. All you need to do is ask for wisdom and then obey without fearing your rear. God’s got your back!


“But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.” - 1 Corinthians 15:57

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Gospel Soul Winning Script

Toking the Ghost Revisited

Is That Gold Dust Real?