…and I’m Not a Mormon

Last Wednesday, I received an email via Messenger from a young man currently living in the city where I was born. I hadn't met this man before and initially wondered why he contacted me. A glance at his Facebook page revealed he is a missionary from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. His profile photo shows him wearing an elder badge. I figured he wanted to have a conversation in an attempt to convert me to his religion. At first, I didn’t respond to his greeting of “How’s a going.” Then last night while organizing computer files, I came across a video produced ten years ago in response to the “I’m a Mormon” campaign happening then. So I sent the YouTube link to this man. Here’s the transcript of the video…

I was born in Fargo, North Dakota where my parents took my sister and me to a traditional Lutheran church. There I attended Sunday school and went through confirmation but didn’t like it very much. Deep down in my heart I wanted to believe in God but he wasn’t real to me there. At 21 I moved to Minneapolis…and after several years of pursuing a music career, I committed my life to the Lord. 


Eventually, I became a missionary and traveled to various cities doing one-on-one street evangelism. In recent years I’ve also shared the truth of God’s word using the media. With my laptop computer; I post articles online, produce music, videos, websites, program an Internet radio station, and also deejay glory parties. Some people might think of me as a Bible-thumper. But I’m simply a messenger sharing the promise of eternal life to whoever will listen. 


Occasionally I’m asked if I’m a Mormon. Well…

  • I don’t believe in Joseph Smith. I believe Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. (John 14:6)
  • I don’t believe Jesus was born in Jerusalem as the Book of Mormon claims. I believe Jesus was born in the little town of Bethlehem. (Matthew 2:1)
  • I don’t believe Satan is Jesus’ brother. I believe Jesus defeated that fallen angel He created and has given us His name to cast demons out of people. (Mark 16:17)
  • I don’t believe in seeking after a burning in the bosom. I believe we are to walk by faith and not by sight. (2 Corinthians 5:7)
  • I don’t believe we are saved “after all we can do.” I believe we are saved solely by grace through faith in Jesus Christ and not by works. (Ephesians 2:8-9)

My name is T. R. Post. I’m a born-again spirit-filled Christian missionary…but I’m not a Mormon.


At the time of this writing, the young man saw my reply but didn’t write a response. Hopefully, he watched the video and will come to know the real Jesus of the Bible.


“But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed.” - Galatians 1:8 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Gospel Soul Winning Script

Toking the Ghost Revisited

Is That Gold Dust Real?