A Peculiar Way

Sometimes when God leads us to do something, the outcome doesn’t go as planned. This weekend, my friend Gretchen and I attempted a road trip from Minnesota to Texas. We both prayed before leaving and perceived this was God’s will. The original plan was for us to stay a few days with an intercessor who lives outside Dallas. While checking my text messages in Missouri, I found out the intercessor doesn’t allow dogs in her home. Gretchen had brought along her chihuahua. Nevertheless, we continued our trip since Gretchen has a daughter in Austin she could stay with. Hours later, Gretchen received an emergency phone call from her parents. It became necessary for us to turn around and return to Minnesota. 

This wasn’t a wasted trip from an eternal perspective. Gospel tracts were handed out along the way. One recipient was a McDonald’s employee in Kansas City who had to bring our order out in the rain. She still prayed with me to receive salvation. Jesus said in Luke 15:10, “…there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.” Gretchen and I also stopped at the International House of Prayer of Kansas City. She received a prophetic word that ministered to her.


I recall a story told by Kenneth Copeland. One time the Lord instructed him to fly to Israel to minister to one woman. At first, Kenneth questioned this mission as being a bit extravagant. The Lord told him, “I am extravagant...I am never wasteful.” He then asked Kenneth if one of his daughters was on the other side of the world and would only listen to one person, wouldn’t he send that person to get her out of trouble. 


Kenneth replied, “When do I leave?”


One of the cities Gretchen and I drove through was Peculiar, Missouri. One of the two exits from Interstate 49 was “Peculiar Way.” That had me thinking about how God’s ways are often peculiar. We may not fully understand why He leads us to do things that in the natural seem to be poor handling of our resources. However, everything works out for good if we continue trusting in Him.


“Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.” - Proverbs 3:5-6

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Gospel Soul Winning Script

Toking the Ghost Revisited

Is That Gold Dust Real?