Certainty of Salvation

While evangelizing, you will sometimes encounter individuals who claim nobody can know if they will spend eternity in heaven. Yet many Scriptures guarantee eternal life for those who know the Lord. Romans 10:9 says, “that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.” Verse 13 from the same chapter reads, “For ‘whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved.’”

Whenever someone tells me no one can know their eternal destiny, and I have a friend with me, I turn to my friend and ask, “Do you know for sure you’re going to heaven when your life ends?” After my friend answers “yes,” I boldly declare that I’m spending eternity in heaven, and that God confirms His word in the mouth of two or three witnesses. Then I quote 1 John 5:12-13, “He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.”


There are more Scriptures assuring Christians of their salvation. Look at what Jesus said… 


Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven.” - Matthew 10:32


“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” - John 3:16


“He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.” - John 3:36


Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.” - John 5:24


“All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out.” - John 6:37


“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life.” - John 6:47


Occasionally, I’ve witnessed to people who weren’t sure of their salvation but later professed knowing the Lord after reviewing the gospel with them. I don’t believe this meant they weren’t saved. Perhaps their faith wavered because of not going to church for a while or attended one that taught doing good works are necessary to go to heaven.


Never let religious people question your salvation. Walk in the Father’s love with confidence and share the Good News with others.


“Therefore do not cast away your confidence, which has great reward.” - Hebrews 10:35


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Gospel Soul Winning Script

Toking the Ghost Revisited

Is That Gold Dust Real?