A Miraculous Bible Story

Many people reading this will remember what they were doing twenty-one years ago today. Previously in this blog, I shared testimonies connected with the September 11 terrorist attacks including close calls involving individuals I knew. This is another story about a man I met a year later. 

On September 23, 2002, I went into a Starbucks coffee shop in Northern Virginia. There I got into a conversation with a Christian named Chuck. I later found out he was a colonel in the Army. Chuck told me he was assigned to the Pentagon and started work there the day before the terrorist attacks happened. The next day he woke up with a terrible headache. His wife encouraged him to “take it easy”, but Chuck eventually decided to come to work. That delay saved his life. The jet crashed into the Pentagon when Chuck was just two minutes away. The cockpit of the hijacked jet stopped in what used to be Chuck's office! 


Three weeks later, Chuck was assigned to help clean up another damaged office in the Pentagon. There he found a Bible on a shelf that belonged to a friend of his. That Bible was almost unharmed despite other items around it being damaged by fire or water from the sprinkler system that came on after the plane crash. 


I heard this story before but wasn’t sure if it really happened. God allowed me to meet the person who found that unharmed Bible!


“The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God stands forever.” - Isaiah 40:8

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Gospel Soul Winning Script

Toking the Ghost Revisited

Is That Gold Dust Real?