Happy Spiritual Birthday to Me

Today is a special anniversary for me. On this day 32 years ago, I made Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior. A personal crisis made me realize I needed to get my life right with God. So I had a lengthy talk with my sister and her husband since they are committed Christians. After my brother-in-law asked me to pray with him, it felt like a surge of power flowed through me as I invited Jesus back into my heart.

I first asked Him into my life ten years before. At a Young Life meeting in June 1981, a minister explained that one must do that for God to hear our prayers. During the next few weeks, I attended a Bible study but soon drifted away from spiritual things. Gradually, I fell into a hedonistic lifestyle. That is one reason I don’t believe in “once saved, always saved.” Just as someone can walk away from a marriage, they can also renounce their relationship with the Lord. While evangelizing, I've met people who “used to be saved.”


I still observe my natural birthday on January 13th since many businesses offer free perks that day. However, I rarely hear of Christians celebrating their spiritual birthdays. That’s even more important. So if you’re uncertain of your eternal destiny, I urge you to immediately invite Jesus into your heart. The angels in heaven will then throw a party for you. Some day we will all gather at another celebration: the Marriage Supper of the Lamb.


“Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.” - 2 Corinthians 6:2


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Gospel Soul Winning Script

Toking the Ghost Revisited

Is That Gold Dust Real?