The Fall of Minneapolis: A Must See Documentary

In 1985, I moved to Minneapolis to pursue a secular music career. I was excited to finally live in Prince’s hometown. For the next fifteen years, I resided in various parts of the Twin Cities area. During that time, I became a Christian and eventually answered the call to full-time ministry. For over two decades now, I’ve traveled around the United States as a missionary. In recent years, I’ve gone back to Minnesota for extended visits (usually when the weather is warmer). However, a recent film has decreased my interest in ever settling there again.

Many of us remember what happened in Minneapolis on May 25, 2020. A black man named George Floyd was arrested for passing a counterfeit $20 bill. He subsequently died while in police custody. It set off riots there and in other cities. I happened to fly out of Minneapolis two days before Floyd’s death to meet a friend in Denver and then went on a road trip to Virginia. I returned to Minnesota on June 13th with another missionary. We visited the spot of Floyd’s death, which had become a memorial. It was eerie seeing familiar sites in Minneapolis spray painted, burned down, and boarded up including the 3rd Precinct police station.


While it’s tragic what happened to George Floyd, I find it more troubling to see people treat him as a martyr. Last year while riding a bus in south Minneapolis, I noticed a church with a banner “honoring” Floyd and even had a halo drawn above his head. Further research would reveal Floyd was not a saint. He had an extensive criminal record. 


This past Monday, I watched a documentary by Alpha News titled “The Fall of Minneapolis.” It confirmed my suspicions regarding George Floyd’s death and the subsequent trials of the four arresting police officers. Body camera footage revealed Floyd repeatedly resisted arrest. He also had a high dosage of fentanyl in his system that would kill most people. Floyd shouldn’t have been behind the wheel to begin with.


Sadly, the details regarding Floyd’s health at the time of his death weren’t allowed in the courtroom. The suppressed evidence should have exonerated Derek Chauvin and the other officers of murder charges. The jury was probably fearful of what would happen to them if they issued “not guilty” verdicts.


Despite it being almost two hours long with unedited profanity, I believe “The Fall of Minneapolis” is worth watching. It exposes the hypocrisy of decision-makers such as Governor Tim Walz, Attorney General Keith Ellison, and Mayor Jacob Frey. I hope it inspires more Americans to pray for their leaders and vote out the godless ones this November.


“When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan.” - Proverbs 29:2

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Gospel Soul Winning Script

Toking the Ghost Revisited

Is That Gold Dust Real?