Is That Gold Dust Real?


Twenty years ago I made my first visit to Calvary Campground in Ashland, Virginia. One of the speakers for their Winter Campmeeting was a Brazilian named Silvania Machado. After standing on the platform for about twenty minutes during praise and worship, Sister Silvania brushed gold dust out of her short blonde hair plus had oil flow from her hands. I didn’t dismiss these signs but questioned the purpose of them. A few people in the congregation later testified of being healed.

I’ve seen gold manifestations at other places. The year before during a church service in Oklahoma, the fillings in my mouth changed from black to a whitish-gold color. Other people supernaturally received gold teeth (I later met a man in Germany who received four of them). I’ve also seen gold dust appear on ministers such as Joshua Mills while they are preaching.

Although I don’t seek after signs like this, gold dust has shown up on my face and in my Bible. One time with the latter, I found some while looking up Hebrews 13:2 about entertaining angels. I believe the Lord used that as a reminder to look to Him as my source instead of a job I considered pursuing. Other friends of mine have seen manifestations of gems and angel feathers. During a house meeting in North Carolina, the host showed me manna that just appeared on her carpet.

Religious critics will mock these manifestations by asking, “Where is that in the Bible?” Manna appeared for the Israelites while they wandered in the wilderness. Why wouldn’t God do something like that today? I’ve been to Kaye Beyer meetings where manna suddenly showed up on her Bible and later disappeared. I didn’t notice anything that indicated this was fake. 

Unless you are close-minded to the supernatural, a better question to ask is “Does this sign point people to Jesus?” I remember hearing the late Bob Shattles testify of gold dust manifesting on himself in public. He used that as a witnessing tool and led many people to salvation. Jesus said in Matthew 7:20, “Therefore by their fruits you will know them.”

It’s true people can fabricate some of these things. Charisma magazine recently published an article suggesting the oil flowing from a Bible during revival meetings in Georgia could have been a hoax. Still, we shouldn’t reject real signs and wonders. Nor should Christians worry about deception as long as they keep their eyes on Jesus. John Arnott often says, “We have to have more faith in God’s ability to bless us than in Satan’s ability to deceive us.”

Always remember: Signs follow believers but believers shouldn’t follow after signs.

“Behold, I will do a new thing, now it shall spring forth; Shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.” - Isaiah 43:19

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Gospel Soul Winning Script

Toking the Ghost Revisited