A Pan of Panera Bread

I’m a traveling missionary who frequently patronizes Panera Bread. I enjoy sitting inside their restaurants drinking coffee and eating an occasional bagel while working online with my laptop. I was glad to see the one closest to my home finally allow indoor seating again after three months of doing take-out and drive-thru orders only. So I resumed going there earlier this week.

Unfortunately, I saw something on Thursday that made me turn around and leave. The windows had artwork of a rainbow with the caption “CELEBRATE WHO YOU ARE.” I assume this is in observance of Gay Pride Month. As a Christian, I find this offensive. The rainbow is a sign of God‘s promise not to destroy man again with a flood (see Genesis 9). It was never meant to symbolize deviant lifestyle choices. I happen to know former homosexuals and transsexuals who got delivered with God’s help. Therefore, I do not buy the lie that gays are “born that way.”

I avoid spending my money at places that openly endorse LGBT causes. Hopefully, this rainbow artwork is an isolated incident. Until it’s removed, I will not go inside this location again. If I see this sort of thing become normal at other Panera Bread restaurants, then they will lose not only me as a regular customer but other God-fearing patrons.

This panning of Panera Bread has been emailed to their corporate office. I pray somebody there took time to read it.

“Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.” - 1 Corinthians 10:31

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Gospel Soul Winning Script

Toking the Ghost Revisited

Is That Gold Dust Real?