What Would Disney Do?

I saw many Walt Disney movies in theaters and on TV during my childhood. My family and I often watched “The Wonderful World of Disney” on Sunday nights (I also remember my dad doing a great Donald Duck imitation). Although some Disney productions such as “Fantasia” and “Escape to Witch Mountain” had occult themes, they mostly promoted family values. 

Sadly, the Walt Disney Company has drifted into endorsing ungodly lifestyles. In 2005, a friend of mine briefly worked at Disney World in Orlando. He told me about “Gay Days” hosted by the amusement park. In a company-wide Zoom call this past Monday, a Disney executive said they must be more “inclusive” by increasing the number of LGBTQIA characters. Karey Burke claimed, “I am here as a mother of two queer children – one transgender child and one pansexual child.”


Not surprisingly, this moral decline has shown up in their productions. Four years ago, Walt Disney Studios released an R-rated flick called “Eighth Grade”, which featured sexual themes and profanity. The more recent “Turning Red” is rated PG for its “thematic material, suggestive content, and language.” Following its release on the streaming service Disney +, parents left negative reviews for its inappropriate scenes. One Fox News reporter pointed out the movie had half-naked sketches of a boy plus the main character (who often turns into a red panda) apes the abortion lobby’s catchphrase by telling her mother, “My panda, my choice.”


What if Walt Disney was around today? I can’t imagine him tolerating what’s become of his company. Although Disney wasn’t a churchgoer during his adult life, he talked openly about his faith. A few years before his death, Disney said, “Whatever success I have had in bringing clean, informative entertainment to people of all ages, I attribute in great part to my Congregational upbringing and my lifelong habit of prayer.”


Many Christians are calling for a boycott of Disney products. I wouldn’t consider taking children to Disney World or any of their theme parks. Employees are now banned from saying, “Hello, boys and girls!” I would also advise parents to be more attentive to what their kids are viewing. Once I stayed with a pastor whose preteen daughter regularly watched the Disney Channel. Some of their programs portrayed parents as idiots who don’t know how to raise their children. My pastor friend noticed his daughter became increasingly disrespectful of him and started limiting her TV time.


Proverbs 22:6 says, “Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.” Unfortunately, we have a man in the White House endorsing youth sex changes and a Supreme Court nominee refusing to define what a woman is. I pray they and the gay activists at Disney repent before it’s too late.


“But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to sin, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were drowned in the depth of the sea.” - Matthew 18:6

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Gospel Soul Winning Script

Toking the Ghost Revisited

Is That Gold Dust Real?