It’s Not Over (Reflections on the 2020 Election)

A few weeks ago, my hometown newspaper conducted a poll asking, “Do you think any political ads have swayed your opinion on who to vote for?” 97% of the respondents answered “no.” I think politicians waste a lot of money on ads attacking their opponents. My focus is not on a personality but on the candidate’s party affiliation and that party’s platform.

This year, coronavirus fears prompted states to encourage mail-in voting. That should have been available only to those who requested a ballot. I’m registered to vote in Virginia but spent most of 2020 doing the Lord’s work in the Minneapolis area. Although I put in a request for an absentee ballot the day they became available, a month passed without it showing up in the mail. I called election officials. They instructed me to go online and request another ballot, which arrived two weeks before Election Day. I quickly filled that out and mailed it back to Virginia.


Meanwhile, I minimized my exposure to mainstream media outlets (even Fox News, which used to be in their own words, “fair and balanced”). Most of them reported Joe Biden leading in the polls. I dismissed this as fake news since Donald Trump’s rallies drew much bigger crowds. The Friday before Election Day, the president held one in Rochester, Minnesota. A friend and I planned on going until the governor and attorney general (both Democrats) imposed a limit of 250 people. There were estimates of 25,000 expected to attend the rally. Therefore, my friend and I didn’t make the trip to Rochester.


Wanting a Christian viewpoint of Tuesday night’s election coverage, I mostly watched Jonathan Shuttlesworth and Kenneth Copeland Ministries tracking the results via their respective YouTube channels. We saw some disturbing things. Some states already called Joe Biden the winner before most of their votes were counted. One of them was Virginia, which had Donald Trump leading by over 180,000 votes at one point! When it looked like Trump would still win the election, key swing states temporarily stopped counting their votes.


The next morning, I got a sick feeling in my gut when seeing reports of Joe Biden taking sudden leads in Wisconsin and Michigan. So I encouraged myself by listening to prophets who heard from the Lord regarding the outcome of this election. My friend Charlie Shamp stated back on December 31st, “Trump will triumph in 2020, but we need to pray.” He later declared on September 26th, “The greatest battle for the heart of America will not be fought at the ballot box during the election, but will happen in the Supreme Court.” Sadhu Sundar Selvaraj said last month that Trump is not finished and will have “another four years of grace.” The late Kim Clement prophesied in 2007 that Trump would have two terms as president. So did retired firefighter Mark Taylor in 2011. 


Jeremiah Johnson stated Wednesday that Joe Biden may prematurely announce he is the next president of the United States. He pointed out…


“Either a lying spirit has filled the mouths of numerous trusted prophetic voices in America or Donald J. Trump really has won the Presidency and we are witnessing a diabolical and evil plan unfold to steal the election. I believe with all my heart that the latter is true.” 


That same day, James Goll declared…


“It’s not over. God is not in heaven wringing His hands with sweaty palms. It’s not over till it’s over and it’s not over yet. I keep having the phrase come to me this morning, ‘And on the THIRD DAY.  And watch what happens on the THIRD DAY.’ Keep on ‘watching and praying', remember, the scales are tipping towards MERCY!”


We need to have faith and patience in God having His way. Mario Murillo said in an interview with Sid Roth, “We dodged a bullet…The liberal media planned to uproot the American system and put another system in place. That monster would have still been there if it was kept underground through a Trump victory. This forcing it into the court is causing an investigation to uncover corruption that we never imagined.” 


I’m continuing to pray that all voter fraud will be exposed and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. 


“…the mouth of those who speak lies shall be stopped.” - Psalm 63:11


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Gospel Soul Winning Script

Is That Gold Dust Real?

Toking the Ghost Revisited